By Somali Community
Volunteers are essential to SCSC’s day to day operations and allow SCSC to provide high quality services back to the community.
Here in Somali-Canadian Society of Calgary we are always looking for volunteers and offer different positions where volunteers work directly with clients.
Whatever your interest is SCSC would love to work with you. For more information on available positions and application process please contact SCSC
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” “You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.”
We are currently looking for volunteers to help us with The Homework Club. As a Homework Club Tutor you will…
– Help students with their homework while focusing on mentorship and study
– Provide support to students by either working with them one-to-one or in small groups
– Share regular feedback about your experience to Homework Club staff to help improve the experience of youth and volunteers.
– work with the site supervisor to enhance success of the Club
What you’ll get out of this experience
– Gain experience in Education and tutoring
– Develop your communication, mentorship interpersonal, and youth engagement skills
– Learn about the challenges and pressure faced by youth
– Work with an amazing group of youth, tutors and staff in a positive, social environment.
Benefits of Volunteering
If you have ever volunteered, you may have noticed that you felt fantastic afterward. Maybe you saw a little boost in your mood, or that you felt like part of a team. You felt like you made a difference.
When we volunteer, we may see real changes as a result of our efforts. We may even witness the effects that our efforts have on others in our community. When we volunteer, we know that we are helping others by giving our time and resources.
People volunteer for many reasons. It may be to support a cause they are passionate about or to engage in their community. We often volunteer to help groups or individuals who need it the most without expecting any reward.
Please fill in the contact us form if you would like to Volunteer and someone will get in-touch .
© All rights reserved